Customer tip Sheet
Read This Before You Get A Quote For Residential Or Body Corporate Painting!
Thinking about getting a quote on business or residential painting? The bad news is, it’s not as simple as saying how many rooms or exterior walls you’ve got to paint. The good news is, with a few extra bits of information, you can get a practical and accurate quote that takes everything into account. Professional body corporate painters and residential painters like the team from Vince’s are more than happy to take into account a variety of factors, including your personal style influences and preferences.
Before we meet to discuss your needs and provide a formal quote, there are a few things to consider. Make a mental checklist of the below details, and when you’ve got it sorted, give us a call. We look forward to chatting about your project!
- Are the surfaces rough, chipped or broken?
- Do you require repairs by a builder or carpenter, or could residential painters tackle it?
- What kind of paint or coating is on the surface already?
- Do areas around the building, such as gutters or architraves, need to be fixed or replaced?
- Will your property require exterior washing?
Inside the rooms
- Do you need to move furniture and belongings out of the room?
- Will some immovable things need to be covered?
- Will it be practical to use the room while/after we’re working? (Remember, we can use non-toxic paints)
- Do you need to notify tenants that a common area will be painted? (body corporate painting )
- When is the ideal time for work to commence? )
- When do you need the project finished by?)
- How might our body corp / residential painters work around your schedule?)
- What exterior colours do you like from around your neighbourhood?
- Has a friend or family member recently had a room painted in a colour you love?
- What’s available in terms of colour charts at your local paint shop?
- Do you have a favourite colour you think would look great across a surface?
- Which types of shades and effects do you love in interiors magazines?
- Would you like to go lighter or darker?(That may affect the cost due to additional coats required)
- How might your new colour scheme complement a change in décor?
- Would you like Vince’s Painting to arrange a professional colour consultation for your project?